You are receiving this message because you are a member of the APS Topical Group in Gravitation (GGR). We would like to invite you to join the International Society on General Relativity and Gravitation (ISGRG). More information can be found at our website.
As a member of GGR, you are automatically eligible to join ISGRG. The procedure to join is very simple.
- Forward this message to Beverly Berger, ISGRG Secretary, at email@example.com, saying that you wish to join. Please include your full name and your affiliation.
- You will then receive a return email with the options for payment of dues or to pay your dues immediately.
We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you into the ISGRG.
Beverly K. Berger
The following is a letter from Prof. Gary Horowitz, ISGRG President, outlining reasons to join the Society.
I am writing to urge you to join the International Society on General Relativity and Gravitation (ISGRG). As you know, 2015 marks the 100th anniversary of Einstein’s discovery of general relativity. In honor of this historic occasion, we have launched a Centennial Membership Drive. By joining, you will help us support research in gravitational physics.
ISGRG is involved in many activities, including running the triennial GRn conferences, sponsoring the `Hyperspace@gu’ website which displays useful information for researchers in our field, publishing a journal, and representing the gravitational physics community in the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics. The Society also awards prizes including the annual IUPAP Young Scientist Prize in General Relativity and Gravitation (2016 nominations now open), and two triennial prizes: the Ehlers thesis prize for classical general relativity and the Bergmann-Wheeler thesis prize for quantum gravity.
The main reason for joining ISGRG is to support our efforts to promote research in gravitational physics, but there are practical benefits as well. These include:
- Members receive 20% discounts on books at Cambridge University Press, Springer, and World Scientific.
- World Scientific is planning to publish a series of monographs on all aspects of general relativity between 2014 and 2016. ISGRG members will receive a 50% discount on any volume in this series if they pre-order.
- Members receive discounted registration at the triennial GRn meetings.
- Members receive discounted subscription to the GRG journal.
The annual dues are only $35/year, $95 for three years, and life memberships are available for $420. Student memberships are available for only $10. Further information is available on our website.